THE ULTIMATE VAPE BATTERY GUIDE
At Zombie Vapes, we are dedicated to making sure that all of our customers have the best vaping experience possible. That’s why we’ve put together a need-to-know guide on vape batteries to answer all of your questions when it comes to making sure that they work correctly.
My E-Cig Battery is Charged But Not Working?
We know how frustrating it can be when you’ve made sure to fully charge your vaping device, and then it doesn’t work right when you’re ready to enjoy it. There could be a variety of reasons for why it isn’t working, so we will run through a couple of possible causes to help you get started with identifying and fixing the problem.
Is Your Vape Battery Turned On?
Now, this might sound like a stupid question, but turning your vape battery on is actually not as obvious as you might think! When you want to use your vape, take the time to make sure that the vape battery is properly activated. Not every vape battery has the same start-up sequence, so you might have to press the power button between three or five times in quick succession in order to turn it on. It may even sound like a carry on tying to even activate your battery, but this is a safety measure which prevents your vape battery from being turned on by accident.
If you’re not sure if your battery is activated, it should flash when being turned on or off, so take notice. We recommend that, whenever you get a new battery or vaping device, you read the instructions carefully on how to turn the battery on and off, so that you are well-prepared for maintaining your device.
Connection Problems for Vape Batteries
Do you ever get frustrated that your wifi is not connecting to your phone, even though both seem to be working fine? Annoying, isn’t it. Well, we’re sorry to report that that can actually happen for your vape battery and device as well. In some cases, the reason your vape battery doesn’t seem to be working is because there is something blocking the connection between the battery and the clearomiser.
To fix this issue, try cleaning both the batter and the clearomiser with a soft cotton bud. If this doesn’t fix the problem, then make sure that the tank and clearomiser are properly in contact with the battery terminal. The vape battery pin may need adjusting to ensure contact, if your previous tank has been screwed on too tight.
Overloaded Vape Batteries
If you notice that your vape keeps cutting out on you, then it is most likely not occurring for no good reason. So that your vape battery doesn’t overload itself, it is designed to cut-out as standard. When your battery cuts out, it will flash to signal this is happening.
Your vape will cut-out if you take a particularly hard draw, so you should try to take longer and more gentle draws to prevent this. If your vape does cut out, then you should be able to resume vaping again after 10 – 30 seconds.
Damaged Vape Batteries
Vape batteries can sometimes just become damaged, and there are several ways this can occur.
- Temperature: If your vape battery becomes overheated or even too cold, it can easily become damaged. In order to avoid this, store your device and batteries in a dry and cool place that is away from direct sunlight.
- Contact with Metallic Objects: Batteries coming into contact with metallic objects can cause them to short circuit. We recommend you keep loose batteries away from items like coins and keys.
- Wrong Device or Charger: If you put your battery in a device that it is not compatible with, then this can result in damage. Similarly, charging the battery with an incorrect or non-compatible charger will cause the same issue.
- Damaged Wrapper: Protective wrappers encase your vape battery, and if these become torn or ripped, the battery will become more susceptible to damage.
- Water Damage: Of course, this one goes without saying. Like with any electronic device, water exposure will most likely have a negative effect.
5 Safety Tips for Vape Batteries
Now you understand what might cause your vape battery to become damaged, we thought we would put together some key safety tips that will help you to maintain your battery.
- Never leave a charging vape battery unattended. Just like with a charging mobile, it’s always best to be around ‘just in case’.
- Only use the vape charger that is supplied with your device, as this will be safely compatible with your battery. Avoid cheap replacements or borrowing a charger not designed for your product.
- Don’t charge your vape on materials like carpets or sofas which are combustible.
- Once your vape is fully charged, make sure you unplug the charger.
- If you notice your vape battery might be damaged, then do not continue to use them. Dispose of them safely and responsibly.
If Your Battery is Still Not Working?
If your vape battery is still not working, then it might just be dead. Unfortunately, if your vape has just given up on itself, then there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Most batteries just have a shelf life, and after so many chargers, it can’t take anymore. But, make sure you try our tips for fixing your battery before you write it off. If you manage to get your vape device up and running again, then you can safely enjoy a well-earned draw. However, if you do have to throw your battery away, then don’t despair. You can find a wide range of high-quality vape batteries and chargers online at Zombie Vapes. You can also replace your full vape kit, and explore a variety of delicious and unique e-liquid flavours.