What are nicotine salts?
Whether you’re just beginning vaping or you’re somewhat of a vaping pro, you’ve probably come across nicotine salts. In the world of vaping there’s always some new innovation to try, and nic salts are just that.
If you’re looking to learn more about nicotine salts, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Zombie Vapes, we’re answering all your nicotine salt FAQs. So, first things first:
What are nicotine salts?
If you’re wondering what nic salts actually are, the clue is in the name. Nic salts are a form of naturally occurring nicotine, delivering a much larger nicotine hit when added to e-liquid. Designed for those looking for larger nicotine consumption as part of their vaping experience, nicotine salts can curb strong cravings for longer. This makes them a good option for those transitioning from smoking to vaping: they provide satisfaction to those who find they aren’t getting the same hit from e-liquids, or those who have especially strong cravings.
But I can get nicotine e-liquid – what makes nic salts different?
Nic salts are different from nicotine-containing e-liquids due to the levels of nicotine they can hold. Your usual vape pen, especially the starter type, has a limit to the amount of nicotine it can hold, meaning it may not be enough if you’re used to a high amount of nicotine consumption.
Nic salts, as opposed to e-liquids, are made up of the exact type of nicotine that’s found within tobacco – the natural kind of nicotine that smokers are used to. This kind of nicotine can’t usually be added directly to vape liquids, as it would need to be vaped at an extremely high temperature for it to work. Even if you could achieve this temperature, the nicotine couldn’t be easily absorbed.
Without turning into too much of a science lesson, nic salts boast properties that avoid all these problems. Nic salts are combined with benzoic acid which lowers the pH levels of the nicotine, and therefore the alkalinity, for a smoother vaping experience. This allows the liquid to be vaped at a lower temperature, meaning it can be used in smaller or beginner vape pens. So there you have it – a higher nicotine vaping experience that will satisfy cravings for longer!
Nic salts: pros Vs cons
How do you know if nic salts are the right choice for you? To help make the decision easier, we’ve put together a handy list of the advantages and disadvantages of nicotine salts.
Advantages of nic salts
- Nic salts offer much higher nicotine strength, so are good for those with high cravings – for example, those switching from smoking to vaping may find nic salts more satisfying.
- Nic salts offer a smoother hit which is preferable to many.
- Nic salts offer a high nicotine experience that can be used with smaller, beginner vape pens, which are generally cheaper to run.
- As opposed to freebase nicotine which can affect your e-liquid flavour, nic salt juice has no impact. This means, when mixed with flavoured vape juice, that you can enjoy a more flavourful hit.
Disadvantages of nic salts
- The high nicotine content may be too much for some. If you’re not a heavy smoker or don’t have high nicotine cravings, nic salts aren’t necessary and will likely be overwhelming for you to use.
- Nicotine salts themselves can be more expensive than regular freebase vape juice.
Do you think nic salts may be the right option for you? Whether you’re only just making the transition from smoking to vaping or you’re an unsatisfied vaper looking for something new, look no further than the Zombie Vapes nic salts collection. With options from IVG as well as our very own Zombie Vapes brand, you’re sure to discover your new vaping go-to.