HOW TO CLEAN YOUR VAPE KIT
Every vape user remembers their first vape kit, how excited they were to start using it and also how disappointed they were when its performance started lacking after only a few months. But what if I told you that there was a simple way to keep your vape kit going for longer?
By just simple and regular maintenance, your vape kit will stand the test of time, and you can stop the cycle of binning and buying new kits. Plus, cleaning your vape kit every couple of months will ensure you get maximum flavour out of your vape and more powerful hits!
To ensure you have all the information you need to properly clean your vape kit, we have put together an all-you-could-need guide at Zombie Vapes to help you. So, read below for tips on how to clean a vape coil, tank and pen today.
How to Clean a Vape Tank
Your vape tank is the part of your kit which holds e-liquid, and it typically is combined with the atomizer as a single unit. So, you may want to clean your vape tank more regularly than you do the full kit! Especially after you change each e-liquid in order to ensure your new e-juice isn’t compromised by the last flavour you used.
When you’re changing flavours, simply rinsing your tank will do, however, a full, deep clean is slightly different!
The Simple Rinse Clean
Follow our easy steps for a simple rinse clean of your vape tank.
- Fill a bowl with warm water.
- Detach and remove the tank from your vape kit.
- Dispose of any remaining e-liquid by pouring it down the drain.
- Disassemble your tank completely.
- Place all of the tank components into the bowl.
- Wash the tank components until they’re clean, however, if it’s very dirty then a few drops of dish soap will help!
- With a paper towel, dry off each component.
- Let the components stand and air-dry for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, reassemble your tank, and you’re done for a simple rinse!
The Deep Tank Clean
If you’re cleaning your full vape kit, then your tank will require a deep clean. This should be done at least every couple of months in order to maintain your kit properly and ensure it works efficiently.
- Remove your tank from the mod and dispose of any remaining e-liquid.
- Completely disassemble your tank.
- Dampen a cloth with vodka and scrub any tough areas of dirt in the tank until completely clean. We recommend using high-proof, non-flavoured vodka as it works best of e-juice residue and deposits.
- Wipe and rinse your tank thoroughly with warm water.
- Stand the components and let them air-dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, reassemble your tank and device.
How to Clean a Vape Coil
Unfortunately, no matter how well you take care of your vape kit, you will have to change your vape coil often in order to maintain your device. But, have no fear, we have a wide range of high-quality vape coils available at Zombie Vapes.
Vape coils wear out much faster than the rest of your device as it is the part which heats e-liquid and turns it into vapour. So, the more you vape, the more often you will need to change your coil!
You don’t want to use coils which have burned out, as they have a huge impact on flavour, so to get a powerful vaping experience, you should change it regularly.
How to Check if You Should Change your Coil
If you are experiencing any of the below issues, it may be time to change your vape coil.
- Is your coil visually dark, crusted or damaged?
- Are you experiencing a ‘burnt’ taste, even after thoroughly cleaning your device?
- Is your atomizer leaking?
- Are you experiencing decreased vapour production?
How to Change your Vape Coil
Once you have decided you need to change your vape coil, swapping the old for the new is very simple!
- Remove the tank from your vape device.
- Discard any remaining or left-over e-liquid.
- To unscrew your old coil from the tank, twist it to the left.
- Then, screw in the new coil.
- Finally, reattach the tank, and it’s that easy!
How to Clean Your Vape Pen
If you prefer to use a regular vape pen, it is still just as important to clean your device regularly. Follow our simple guide on cleaning a vape pen effectively and efficiently below.
- Dismantle your vape pen.
- Ensure that all residue is emptied out.
- Brush your pen thoroughly to remove any particles or residue. Your vape pen should have come with a brush for this purpose.
- Be sure not to use any water on the electrical parts of your pen as this can cause damage.
- Run the mouthpiece under warm water to clean it. You can also use a cotton cloth to wipe in and around the mouthpiece.
- Once dry, reassemble your vape pen properly ensuring each part is screwed together tightly.
- Finally, press the micro button a few times to restart your device!
You can also use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean your vape pen. This helps to get into all the nooks and crannies of your device. However, make sure to be gentle when working it around the heating coil, as this part is very fragile and easily damaged!
Now that you understand how to clean your vape device, you can maintain your kit to get the most of your vaping experience.If you’re still unsatisfied with your vape device’s performance after cleaning, it may be time to find a new one. Explore our full collection of vape pens, kits, tanks and coils available online now.